A teacher has revealaed how she completely overhauled her dated 1950s house for £3,000 - spending less than what it would have cost to get one room done professionally > 자유게시판

본문 바로가기

커뮤니티 Korea Sports Science Institute

A teacher has revealaed how she completely overhauled her dated 1950s house for £3,000 - spending less than what it would have cost to get one room done professionally

페이지 정보

작성자Erik 작성일 23-07-16 조회수 52회

본문

A teacher has revealaed how she completely overhauled her dated 1950s house for £3,000 Tranh sơn mài việt Nam T7/2023 - Giá tranh sơn mài spending less than what it would have cost to get one room done professionally.
When Rachel Bell, 25, from , purchased her three-bedroom 1950s semi-detached home just six months ago, much of the interior was outdated and in need of a serious overhaul.
Rachel's DIY experience was minimal, but without a budget for endless tradesmen and having been inspired by other female DIYers on Instagram, Rachel decided to undertake transforming the house herself.
She managed to redo her living-room, bedroom, Những bức tranh sơn mài nổi tiếng của Việt Nam bathroom and kitchen for only £3,000 thanks to bargain items and DIY techniques found on YouTube tutorials.  
Teacher Rachel Bell, 25, from Glasgow, revealed how she only spend £3,000 to renovate a semi-detached house dating back to the 1950s she bought six months ago.

Rachel created the wall panelling in her bedroom herself for just £30, which doubles as a head board for the bed 
The bedroom before the renovations, with salmon walls and carpeted floors.  Rachel updated the bedroom from floor to ceilling for less than £150 
The dated bathroom was dark and dirty, but Rachel quickly set about overhauling it with new taps and vinyl flooring 
The bathroom now: Rachel painted over the existing tiles, added new vinyl flooring costing £55
'I realised my passion for DIY when I was house hunting for my current place,' Rachel said.
'I wanted a project and to be able to put my own stamp on it, but I knew I didn't have the budget for endless tradesmen.
RELATED ARTICLES Share this article Share 'I followed an account called @femalediycollective and they made DIY look accessible for everyone.

I wanted a home with original features, so I've focused my projects on restoring these.
Rachel began with the bedroom using elbow grease and a spray bottle of washing-up liquid to remove three layers of woodchip wallpaper before tackling sanding the wooden floor. Rachel borrowed a sander from a friend Tranh sơn mài việt Nam T7/2023 - Giá tranh sơn mài spending just £20 on some new sanding belts and £40 on some matte lacquer.
With the room prepped, Rachel purchased some timber costing £30 to create wall panelling that would also double as a headboard.

With just a lick of £40 paint to go, the dated salmon and navy room was transformed into a modern and Insta-worthy bedroom for less than £150.

go top